We are on lesson 15 of "How to teach your child to read in 100 lessons". Both boys are doing well. Eirik reads ahead and is a bit bored of the process, but needs it so I try to speed through it. He will be reading in no time. Joren is surprising me with his attention and how well he knows his letters. I really get satisfaction out of helping them with scholastic things. Eirik is doing a great job on his summer journal. I love his detailed drawings.
Today Joren found a dead cockroach and it became his little friend/ pet. He had it eating bread off the table, doing flips and he carried him around for a long time. I like bugs and I like studying them, but I don't like touching them. Today at Imagination Station where we went to get the kids out of the house and keep me from yelling at them, we looked at a book about bugs. I think they are incredible and so beautiful. I am going to do some artwork depicting moths. I think they are so fantastic. Velvety and intricate and subtle. Nocturnal and camouflaged, flitting around unnoticed leaving a dust of silver everywhere they go. What lovely creatures. Scarab beatles are also going to show up in my future artwork. I enjoy them so much. God's creations astound me. From the tallest trees to the tiniest organisms, they are amazing.
Paul had a patient come in cured from a serious condition that she had seen two previous doctors for. Paul's prescriptions and directions helped her and she was so grateful she cried and gave him a hug. He has lots of great success stories like this that I love to hear. It is so cool to me that my husband is changing lives and saving lives every day. He is such a special person. He has helped two families move this week and will help another tomorrow.
I was a major grump today. Hormones are tough on me and I take it out on my littles. I am ashamed. I just felt like screaming all day, so I got out of the house where I am less likely to be mean. It mostly worked. I only yelled for 1/2 the day. ;) We went to IS and then to a $1 movie. Teig didn't like it so I went out front and there were two guys playing guitar out front of a bar so we got to listen to them play for an hour. Teig learned to clap and made me so happy. The music was great. The kids loved the movie and fell asleep on the way home. Not a bad field trip Friday.
i was just feeling bad because Basil was saying I made Rhoda afraid of bugs (I am on a crusade against the box elder bugs that are taking over the yard) but not so much now.I don't think I could have handled that cockroach thing. I do agree with you on beetles and moths- as long as they aren't in my house- and I can't wait to see your art. I loved your dragonfly wings trio.
ReplyDelete