Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day and 3 Miracles



1. The bishop and I have been discussing who to call as a preparedness leader with Sister Durrer for a few months. We could not decide. Today as I spoke with Sister Durrer she told me that as she was leaving the temple she realized that her husband would be good at this calling. She said it never occurred to her before and the bishop and I would not have thought of it because he lives in another state, but is soon moving here. They are having marriage trouble and working together on a calling like this might be a great help to their relationship.

2. Travis Hamblin came to dinner and told us that the big fire in Arizona that burned a whole mountain happened right near his parents home. He looked up on a map and it burned the whole area around their home just leaving a tiny sliver of undamaged land right around the house.

And the best one:
3. There is a coat at the beach house. Camel colored with a red lining. It belonged to Grandpa Kermit Aanderud. Steve used to put it on for inspiration when he was having trouble solving a tricky problem in the remodel since Grandpa K was so handy. Recently a stake president has been helping put in flooring at the beach house. He told Ben that he was having trouble with some part of the project and he noticed that coat and felt impressed to put it on. He said he figured out the solution to the problem. He told that story without knowing the history of the coat. You can't tell me our ancestors are not helping us from beyond the veil.

We missed Steve today. We cried on a conference call. We cried in each other's arms. I cried for Paul and for Steve and for our kids and for me. I rejoiced that I got to know Steve. We are making a book of remembrance. I want my kids to remember what a great man he was.

I enjoyed giving Paul breakfast in bed with the boys this morning and letting him open the photo book we made. I also enjoyed talking to my dad on the phone. I miss him and love him. He is a great man too.

Of all the names that Eloheim is known by: Creator, God Almighty, I am, King of Kings, Lord, Good Shepherd, Master, Omega, Prince of Peace.. the one he prefers to go by is Father. I am grateful for my Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment