Kasey moves tomorrow. I watched her kids for the last time yesterday. We had a great time. My kids were so good today. I was so proud of them. The high point of my day was when Eirik was instructing Sarah on how to drive our red jeep up and down the street. He explained how to do a three point turn and then congratulated her as she did it well. Then at the end of the street, Grant decided that he wanted to ride Joren's bike back. Joren said, "sure" and jumped off to let Grant ride. Then Joren walked back. Neither of them fought over their toys and they were so nice to their friends. Teig was in my arms delighted by the gorgeous weather, the jeep and the kids happiness. He was giving me happy high fives and smiling his super contagious smile and I thought, "all is perfect in this beautiful moment." On the way back down the street, I put Teig in the passenger side and Sarah pretended to talk on the phone about what she was making for dinner and what her GPS was telling her. ;)


We did puzzles and hopschotch for hours out front. Teig loves to eat all the dirt and bark and seed pods. He is so fun. He can go up all the stairs and has learned this week to go back down backward if I am standing there prompting him. He's getting closer to walking too, but I'm not anxious. I love his babyhood and savor every little step. I don't want it to go faster. (Although, I would appreciate if he would sleep through the night.)
I love my gorgeous pots this year!
I served lunch in the fern fortress today. I let the kids mix their own lemonade. I put the powder in a little pot with a spoon and the water in a pitcher with ice. They thought it was pretty cool.
Eirik insisted that I help him build this glove. He designed every aspect of it very specifically. Everything had to be just right and he is pretty proud of it. His costumes do sometimes drive me crazy because regular clothes are not a part of his vocabulary. He can't get dressed at all until it is the perfect thing to wear to be the character of choice. Sometimes it takes hours to get clothes on him. I am almost done with his Aang costume that he earned by getting 100 stickers. I am smart enough to know that it won't be a long lasting fad, but he earned it, so I'm making it.

Joren is getting pretty specific about his clothing choices too.

Right now Joren is outside collecting bugs while Eirik watched Clone Wars. Joren loves bugs and being outside and doesn't mind holding any creature. If Eirik sees a bug, he yells for his brother to come get it. He says, "you know how much I hate bugs!" They make a good team.
miss you!
ReplyDelete