Thursday, June 16, 2011

Not really worth reading...

Rainy, cleaning day. I made the boys watch you tube videos about how to clean a toilet and then we cleaned all our bathrooms. They thought it was a treat. HA! I ironed, folded all the laundry, made a meal for a family who's grandma died this morning, did the same dishes twice since I made the exact meal yesterday, and vacuumed, swept, cleaned up the toys and chased Teig all day. When I put him down he bolts for the toilet, the cleaners, the printer, the stairs or the front door where he can get his fingers pinched. He is an escape artist and always trying to scoot under the gates. He can climb the stairs, but hasn't a clue how to go back down. I work with him on it daily, but he doesn't have a healthy fear of them yet. He fell out of the bathtub on his face today. He's at that exciting stage where the world is big and welcoming and not yet scary. He's so happy and sweet. Joren goes exploring in the woods behind our house every day. When I can't find him, I know he's escaped to the woods again. It's fun to see what shoes and gear he has chosen because the shoes are usually mismatched and he usually has some sort of hat or hood or goggles or glasses. He only sometimes has a shirt. Today he got in trouble again for peeing in the neighbors yard. I had to spank him because he won't cut it out. I also had to put him to bed without routine and in his clothes because he was violent all day and deliberately hit his brother right after I told him if he used violence he would have to go right to bed. When he wants something he just uses his fists and gets it. He also has a deadly high pitched scream that we are not tolerating well. I put him outside when he is violent or screams and tell him we don't want him around when he acts like that.
Eirik begged for TV and movies all day long. I can't get him interested in anything else. It drives me crazy. He had screen time for a big chunk of the day because he was so irritating. "Mother, guess what, Mother, you promised, but mother you said, Mother, I have an idea... " Ahhhhh no more! I am doing reading lessons with both boys and they are doing great, when I can keep their attention. We started an allowance chart this week and journals.

1 comment: