Saturday, June 18, 2011

Growing things everywhere!



We had an awesome weekend. Friday we went with Ashley Pace and Erin Walker to the botanical gardens in Ann Arbor. There's a beautiful conservatory with arid and temperate and tropical botanicals. I swoon. I love growing things. The outside gardens are amazing. The children's gardens have so many fun areas. There's a sunken little bricked area where there was a basket full of fairy and pirate costumes. There's rope nests, a fairy garden, huge sticks, logs and wooden blocks to build with, strawberries by the bucket to pick and eat, streams, trails, chalkboards and vegetable gardens. The english gardens have every herb possible. It was dreamy, and fun to be with my friends. The trip included all my favorite things; art, vegetables, music, beauty, flowers, friends and fun. I could see myself building a place like that. Today I took the kids to the high school track and made them bike and run. Joren is great on his little bike. Paul got to moonlight this morning. When he got home, we went to a flower show put on by the Grosse Ile garden club. I signed up to be a member. :) I loved seeing all those 50/60 year old sweet gardening ladies. In 20 years, that's exactly what I'll be doing. The flowers and tree branches were awesome. After that we picked up Kasey and Paul watched the kids for 30 min while we went to the quilt and garden show. It was fun to see her and talk for a few minutes. I'm sure going to miss her. Then we got slurpies and went to this awesome park. I loved watching my boys play. I'm looking forward to giving Paul his Father's day present. It's our first Father's Day without Steve and we are thinking of him tonight. We sure miss him.

















Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment