Eirik is getting so creative with his creations. He loves the hot melt glue gun. We've used it together on so many projects that he is pretty proficient. I got out a bunch of acrylic paints and the hot melt glue gun and left the kids to get creative on the back porch and then I thought; "hmm, is this wise?" It turned out pretty cool. I wish I could show you all the things Eirik makes. His drawings in church were so cool this week. I was seriously impressed. I have to admit, it makes me secretly really happy when my kids make stuff.
Joren says he's 116 million miles per hour strong. Pretty strong. :)
I loved going to parent teacher conference. Mrs. Tobias loves Eirik and had lots of great things to say about him. She said the other parents always comment about how smart he is and how much he talks like an adult. She said I will probably have to look into gifted and talented to make sure he does not get bored. She said, "don't be worried about being "one of those parents" who is always bugging the teacher for more challenging work or more materials. She also gave me a whole list of ideas to do over the summer for some great learning activities. I need to get an organized preschool plan for the summer.
Walking into preschool Eirik said, "Mom, you are going to be really sad when Kasey moves aren't you?" I told him to expect me to probably cry. He said, "Mom, on the day that Kasey moves I am going to tuck you into bed, bring you breakfast in bed and a cooling cloth and bring the TV into your room and have a tea party for you that night." Later that day Eirik was very sad and tired so I tucked him in bed, brought him the iphone so he could watch a show and gave him milk, watermelon and a sandwich in bed with a cooling cloth. He didn't know by being his wonderful sensitive, caring self that he was teaching me how to care for him. What a sweet heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment