Saturday, May 28, 2011

Girl's Night out!

Yesterday was the stake Father and Son Campout which, at the last minute, moved location to the church lawn since all the campgrounds in the area are all flooded. It was a bummer for Paul but I don't think the kids new the difference and it did not deter me and the girls from escaping like bandits for our girls night of shopping and sleeping over at Anona's house. It was just the three of us, Kasey, Anona and myself and we headed up to Great Lake's Crossing outlet mall the minute our babysitter got home from school. Kasey can talk me into buying anything. I came home with a bunch of clothes that I did not intend on buying, but I Love them. We had a great time and I enjoyed the talking on the car ride up and back and late into the night as much as anything else.

Good news: 1. I got all my food storage put in buckets/ labeled and safely stored in our basement closets. 2. I got a new temple dress. Well, my first ever temple dress. Kasey gave me the skirt and she found me the sweater at Banana Republic outlet. So, I finally have my own temple clothes! I'm 34 and finally getting it together. :)

Teig said his first word today! Actually, his first wordS! He said Da Da and Ma Ma and he stood up on his own all in one day! I put him in the swing in the backyard and pushed him really high. He loved it. He is so enthusiastic and smiley and happy happy happy! He has just started really caring is I am near him or not. He cries when I leave the room and gets really happy when I come back. It is so endearing. I have not talked about him very much in my blog and I'm not exactly sure why but partly it is because he is just so ... perfect.. I don't want to jinx anything or brag too much. People tell me all the time that he is so cute he should be on TV or in commercials. His hair has turned platinum. I did not think he was going to be so blond. He crawls... FAST and is very curious and I spend a lot of time cleaning and wishing I were cleaning because he gets his cute little fingers into all kinds of gross messes crawling around in our dog hair padded house. It's so gross. I also feel like I am on high alert all the time with my two sets of non carpeted stairs. I have nightmares of one of the kids leaving the gate open and Teig following him down. aHHH! He's a great baby. So sweet, so brave, so smart. SO cute! Well, speaking of Teig; there he is. He will be 10 months on the 4th and he does not sleep through the night yet. Oh well.. we'll get there.

Most 5 year olds would whine and cry for a drink before bed if they had initially been told no, but not Eirik. He has learned the power of words and uses them to his benefit. Who can so no to: "Father, I'm sorry, but I am extremely dehydrated." He's a smart one.

No comments:

Post a Comment