How do you know a true friend? For me it goes something like this: When she arrives, she can't come into the house because she has to go back outside with me to admire the house from the front. She knows the names of the archetectural detailing. Then we walk around the yard and she knows the names of all the flowers I care about and oohs and ahhs at all the things I have worked on and the things I love. When we get inside, she notices all the details, says I'm magi with color and loves all the things I have made. Not only does she appreciate my creations, but knows where I got the pieces to make them and remembers where the inspiration came from. She asks details about my family and remembers the funny stories that make up the web of our life together and even things that she was not present for. She knows and loves my children and talks to them about the things that are important to them, like telling Eirik his is the best Airbender and has a cool haircut. She brought me a bag full of hand me downs, and special thrifted items that she specifically knew I would love like a burlap vintage Christmas tablecloth. (sweet!) She wanted to see all my new clothes, and even loved my crazy new white leather jacket. When I gave her the painting I did for her, she cried and said she was lucky to have me as a friend. Now I ask you; who is the lucky one!?
No comments:
Post a Comment