Wednesday, May 25, 2011

the best artister

Tonight Paul worked late and Joren fell asleep at 5, so Teig ate like crazy in the high chair and Eirik and I had a little mom/ son time. I turned on some beautiful jazz music and we opened the windows so we could hear the rain and we danced till we were dizzy and weary. It was magical and he was so infatuated with me. He is interested in doing anything and everything to make me happy. We wrote out the words to "mother I love you" on a card for me this morning. Tonight he asked me, "mom, how can I worship you?"

This morning we drove through torrential rain for 3 hours to pick up a years supply of wheat and other food storage. I got detoured 2 times and had to drive through flooded streets with the water up to the undercarriage of my car. At one point I could not exit the freeway because of flooding and had to merge back into traffic while rain made it hard to see in front of the car. It was a little crazy, but luckily we finally made it. I'm glad to have all the food we need if there were a disaster. 122 people just died in MO from a twister this week.

Today Joren said, "mom you're the best artister in the whole wide world."
We found that we love to play pictionary as a family today. So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment