We had three extra kids today: Sam, Isaac and Grace Fisher. Great, home schooled, mannered kids. Perfect examples for my boys. They all raced around the yard with breastplates, swords, Darth Vadar helmets and spy gear having a blast. Even though the boys are older than Eirik, he holds his own. Once he said, "I will only go out there with you if I can lead."
The highlight of my day was when Grace begged to have a tea party in the fairy village. I kindly obliged. :) I made them cookies and strawberries with whipped cream and tiny little forks. I was so delighted to see my vision come to light. I sneaked upstairs to listen to their conversation through the window and cute Grace was sipping her little cup of water while saying, "so, how was your day today?" The boys obliged her and played along. There was plenty of sword fighting throughout, but oh what a delicious moment it was.
We went on a walk and got caught in the rain. Eirik has been running on our walks which is such a huge improvement from last year when he cried on every walk. He encouraged Joren today who was very tired by saying, "come on bud, this is your chance to beat me. Put on your cheetah speed creature power suit. You can do it! Let's go!" So Joren ran really well too. Joren will do just about anything Eirik encourages him to do, but he has a pretty adamant independent streak too. He's been so picky about his wardrobe now. He has worn his fur vest with no shirt for about a week now. Neither kid cried when we came home soaked. That was a small miracle.
Paul had a horrible day. The car gave him trouble and he had to work until 9:00 and come home in the rain. We both said a prayer that he would make it home safe because his undercarriage of the car was hanging down and dragging as he drove. As soon as he got home, something metal fell down in the driveway. I count that as a miracle too.
Teig has said goodbye to his "too good to be true" first 9 months of angelic pure baby sweetness and introduced us to the kind of baby I am more used to. He has learned to insist on things, and to not give in. He has not developed a self soothing mechanism yet and it is making Paul and I a bit crazy. He is fun to feed though. He eats and eats and eats and so far, loves it all. Today I put a pile of whip cream on his tray and took his shirt off to see what he would do. It was a little too sweet I think and he got so sticky! I love feeding a kid who actually eats. Speaking of that, all the boys are eating so much better. It's getting much more enjoyable to cook at our house. I made an amazing roasted red pepper, shrimp pasta tonight with no recipe. It was delicious! I needed a success in the kitchen. Of course the boys would not touch it, but I loved it, and they liked their noodles with butter (eirik) and red sauce (joren).
After our walk in the rain we came in a read books by the fire. We love to read together. Teig; not so much. He squirmed and fussed like he had fire ants in his pants the whole time, but the rest of us loved it.
Eirik said a prayer tonight that went, "thank you for my awesome, pretty, fun totally cool mom who is the prettiest most amazing girl I have ever met." My boys adore me so completely. I never knew motherhood would be so rewarding.

No comments:
Post a Comment