I have spent weeks going through everything we own and trying to weed through it and keep about 1/2 of it. This weekend we will have a garage sale and say goodbye to a lot of our possessions. It has been an interesting process of purging and letting go and doing some serious organizing. I have been through all our clothes, all my art supplies, all our papers, books, binders, toys, costumes, furniture, cards, linens, toiletries, storage, decorations and kitchen stuff. I still have he garage to do but it's so filled with stuff we are getting rid of that it's hard to get to the organizing.
I want a clean fresh start. I also feel weighed down trying to keep so much stuff cleaned up and organized. Partly it's a control thing. In a way I feel out of control in my home because motherhood is a process of letting go everyday. I guess I feel that if I get rid of stuff there will be room for more order. Maybe I am dreaming though. I'm not sure. I organize because I see immediate order where with my kids I feel I can not create order. I find myself nagging and getting nowhere. I really don't understand boys. My poor boys. They must feel so misunderstood. This is a picture of my boys desks. Why do they look like this again?!! We just organized them. They collect so much junk. I can not control their chaos even though I would love to!

I hear ya on this!!! Gotta love boys:)
ReplyDelete