While watching conference Teig wanted to play with a toy that made a lot of noise. Paul snatched it and tossed it across the room. Teig said, "no dad, hand it to me." Then he went and got it off the floor and brought it to Paul, gave it to him and said "now hand it to me." When Paul had given it to him, Teig said, "that's better. That's how I like it."
I swear Teig is more emotionally mature than I was at 15.
Teig remembers everything. He won't let me put on his pajama until he has emptied his pockets because he is afraid he will loose whatever treasure is there. He never looses things. He loves to collect. He has a very good sense of what is fair. He does not mess with his brothers stuff and if he wants something he knows they won't want to share he will say, "I see it for just a tiny second? I no break it. I won't pill (spill) it. I be careful." This is also the sweet way he asks to use the iPhone, "I play just one tiny game? I won't turn it up high, I not make lots of noise, I give it right back".. He's great at negotiating. How did he get so smart? We watched ice age 3 for family movie night a few weeks ago and he started quoting the line, "when you drink water through your trunk, does it taste like buggers? No...sometimes." I think it is so smart when a kid knows how to use comedy and when to say something funny.
He makes us laugh all the time.
He was completely potty trained even dry most nights. He was refusing to wear diapers at night and one day he just decided he had had enough of being potty trained and went back to diapers. I did not make a big deal of it because it is just because of Juni being in the house. He will get back to potty training shortly I'm sure. It was really confusing for him when she first came. He has had a lot of angry tantrums about being big or not being big and has started waking up every night and saying, "I need you mommy." It has been quite an adjustment for him. He stopped naps completely. If he takes one he is up until 10:30 or 11 and is crazy the next day. He's been very independent in ways that surprise me a lot. He has a bag of gold pirate coins that entertained him for most of a day last week. A game with small checker pieces entertained him for a few hours the next day. He likes to be doing his own thing while being around other people. His long dark lashes and pouty cheeks are killing me lately. He is so gorgeous. What a lady killer he is going to be!!
He's amazing! Seriously, another genius child. I miss him soooo much. I love that you capture the words they say because I love reading them.
ReplyDelete