I could spend every hour of my days holding and staring at June. She is gorgeous. She is already one month and 3 days old and I am just dying that it is going so fast. The days of her incubation inched by like they would never end and now the long moments of watching her sleep race by way too fast. I have loved and savored every minute of this month. She is perfection. I feel like I can see her growing from one feeding to the next. She gets more solid every time I pick her up. There are really no words to describe how utterly and completely I feel devoted to her. it is not different than how I felt with any of my babies, but I think that since she is probably our last baby I am more desperately in sync with her every move. I spend a lot of time imagining what she will be like at 2, and at 5, and at 12 and 18, and 85. It's amazes me that I am holding a little woman, a spirit that could be anyone, and I get the privilege of getting to know her and helping her understand this big world. When I
think of how she is my spiritual sister, I feel so totally honored that I get to be her mother. I want everything that is best for her. When Paul asked me what i hoped he was include in her blessing i said I hoped that she would hunger and thirst after righteousness and that she would have a shield of protection against anyone who would want to cause her harm, and that someday she would find a man to take her to the temple that would love and protect her the way my husband loves me.
She is perfection, Melody! She's growing so fast too! She looks like Eirik in the yawning picture. And that quilt is amazing. Is that the one Kasey made?
ReplyDelete