This week Eirik did all kinds of new things. I am so proud of him.He wants to write about some of his experiences:
This week I played sudoku, made Nachos and I went on a run with my Dad and Mom and I also weaved a chain.
P.S. I Read a chapter book.
by Eirik stephen Aanderud.
Also, he typed all of the above by himself, and notice.. no misspellings! Isn't he great!
He has been quoting a movie line that says, "flattery will get you nowhere".
However, he has learned that flattery will get him somewhere with me. He knows just what to say to me and tonight he made up a song about how pretty I am and how he will do anything for me. Well, he's on my good list tonight. it's so hard to not expect too much of him because he's so darn mature and capable. Unfortunately, he tends to focus on any negative thing he has done, rather than the positive. When I see him being hard on himself, it breaks my heart. I want him to love himself and be proud of his accomplishments. I put up a big sign in his room that says, "love what you do." I know Paul and I are hard on him. I just hope that we are smart enough to be easy when he needs it and that our high hopes won't turn into something he feels is unattainable. He is so grown up, but he is also so young and vulnerable. My heart is so tender toward him.
No comments:
Post a Comment