Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May!


The glorious first week of May has finally arrived.  After a lengthy, deep latency, the world is awakening once again.  For years I have referred to it as hibernation because I feel like I am suddenly rubbing a deep sleep from my eyes.  We spent the weekend in the new sunshine running the garage sale, then a glorious Sunday on the back porch just enjoying the sun.  Last night for family home evening we had a hot dog roast and the boys got to collect the firewood for the campfire.  The magnolia trees are out in their glory and the yard is full of giant tulips and daffodils.  The field of lily of the valley is becoming lush around the pond.  The boys took off all of their clothes on Sunday and dipped their legs in the water enjoying the freedom of warmth.  For months it's as if we have been just surviving and now suddenly we are living.  I piled the plates full of vegetables and fruit yesterday on the back porch.  It is glorious.  When so many months separate the late summer from the spring you almost forget how wonderful it is.. almost.  But I remembered well enough that in anticipation I worked really hard during the cold weeks of spring so that now that May has arrived, I can slow down and enjoy it a bit more.





1 comment: