What a fun weekend! On Friday morning we learned we had a buyer for our fish tank. It is a bittersweat moment indeed. I will admit it is a huge relief to me. A woman is coming in two days to buy it as a whole including all of the equipment. We will miss its beauty, but we decided to use the money from the sale to buy a 1968 Ford Truck!
Paul had Friday off. We spent the glorious morning cutting the grass and weeding. It was a gorgeous day with blossoms in every shade and life bursting all around. The fresh cut grass shaved from its 7" of spring lushness mixed with the sensational fragrance from the lily if the valley was almost euphoric. After lunch and in between business calls and Teigs turbulent tantrums we stole a few precious moments sunbathing on the back porch. This is how I will remember Michigan springs. Abundant in life and rich in quality.
On Friday night Paul loaded E and J and two of their friends in the van for the father son campout. they went off to do manly things they do like practice archery, throw their new homemade knives, start fires and roast starbursts, run around with flashlights until the wee hours of the night and finally to sleep in our new spacious 10 man tent. Paul said they were right near a rock festival and the airport so the sleeping was slim to none, but Eirik came home the next morning with the biggest smile on his face of all time.
Friday night was a little weird for me. A week earlier I asked 5 girls if they wanted to come over for a girls night. I only heard back from one of them and she couldn't come so I was feeling a bit lonely. Teig was awful company. For every one moment he is deliciously cute there are 10 where I want to flee from his presence. I made popcorn and watched tinker bell with him; his choice, and then struggled to finally get him to submit to sleep at 9:00. Then I watched movies until I fell asleep. Mercifully Teig slept in. His brothers weren't here to wake him early so he slept until 9:00. I handed him the iPhone and slept until 10!! I didn't tell Paul. It's not really fair after he slept in a tent, but I don't feel too bad. I let him sleep in whenever he can.
When the boys rolled in with slurpies at 11, we all got in the car and headed to a birthday party at an arcade. The kids bragged about going canoeing that morning and playing laser tag, go -carts and bouncy house all in one day. On the way home from the birthday party Paul stopped at Bob Jo's custard shop, apparently a legendary downriver stop. It's been around since 1947 and we all got giant cones. The boys all gorged themselves so we got to skip dinner completely.
Tonight was sort of a big night for us. Teig fell asleep on our way home and Paula and I told E and J to go up and put themselves to bed. They did!!! For the first time ever without having a babysitter, we skipped bed time routine. Weird, and nice.
We only have three more Sundays in our ward.We loved having the Davis boys sleep over a few nights. They all found baby bunnies in our front yard. Last year when they slept over we found a giant bullfrog so I am glad this year did not disappoint.


No comments:
Post a Comment