Tonight Teig told me that sometimes I hurt his feelings when I tell him to go to bed and he says no. When I asked him more about it, I realized that he was telling me that he did not want to feel like he was a "bad Teigy". My heart just melted. He puts up such a huge fight about so many things. It was sweet to see him try to explain that he did not want to be "bad Teigy", he just did not want to
go to bed. I wish I could be more lenient with him about things. I just don't see how we can drive without him in his carseat, or get out of the tub with soap in his hair, or let him throw his toys, or stay up all night. He wants so desperately to be a big boy like his brothers. It makes him crazy mad if they leave for school without kissing him goodbye. He hates naps because he wants to be big so bad. He really is a sweetie. His latest manipulation is to say, "I just want you to hold me mommy." even if he is conning me, how can I say no? Please Lord, bless me with patience. He is only 2 for a few more months. Help me be good and kind to him!
No comments:
Post a Comment