Today in sacrament meeting the kids were all over us and being crazy as usual. We came in late and had to sit 3 rows from the front. This is typical although usually we are a little closer to on time. Usually sacrament meeting is terribly stressful and my boys drive me crazy, but today Paul looked at me and said, "I HATE THIS!" and I realized that I had been smiling since we got there and that everything around me was making me snicker. When this realization hit me I was puzzled. What was different? Why did I suddenly not care what anyone thought of my crazy boys or what bad parents we must be? Why was I biting my lip to not laugh out loud at Eirik trying to tickle me while the high councilmen talked right in front of me? Was I being irreverent? After church I had a LONG meeting to stay for and when I got home Paul has his usual comment about how long I had been gone etc and did I get offended or frustrated like usual? No, I laughed. Then I took my boys on a long bike ride/ walk which is usually quite excruciating because they are ridiculously slow and love to complain and cry the whole time, but today was fun. We all had a good time and we were gone for over 2 hours. I did not get frustrated once. What is going on with me!? I have to say that yesterday I was really down. I offered a sincere prayer for help to be happy in my situation and I just have to say that I think I had a lot of help today with that. I was really sincerely happy and my kids were unusually nice, and despite their totally expected boyish behavior in sacrament meeting, they were so good. Eirik went out of his way to help and smile and encourage his brother and compliment and use great manners. He charmed the pants off of this first grade teacher that we met in the parking lot at his new school where we were playing. She said that all the teachers were going to fight over him. He told her that over the summer he had been trying to earn scars on his knees by picking his scabs down to the blood. He told her his address and phone number and had to tell her in her ear that he sometimes called his dad "Polly pocket." She was delighted by him. Joren was so cute on his bike tonight head bent down over his handlebars in concentration, lighting helmet and flame sunglasses down over his mouth. He wore his cheesy cowboy shirt that I love. Yes, I was wishing I had my camera again. We had a picnic of water and dried cranberries under a willow tree and the boys thought it was really dreamy. They said, "our dreams are coming true mom."
I love these guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment