This family gave us their play structure for $10 and even helped take it apart. Paul had it taken apart and reassembled in our backyard in 3 1/2 hours Amazing!
I found a punching bag for the boys. I woke up dreaming about getting one of those so that whenever they are full of too much aggressive energy I can send them to the punching bag and one of the first sales I drove by had one for $20. I got new brown sandles for myself that I have wanted all summer for .50 and gardening gloves for .25 and a bag of birds and butterflies for 1.50 and a bag of cool vintage cards for .25. I love deals like that. I also found ice skates and soccer cleats for the boys for $1 each. It was a great day!
We've enjoyed our backyard so much this summer. I've worked hard on the garden and my tomatoes are actually turning red this year. There aren't a ton, but there are some so it's an improvement from last year. My globe basil has really grown, and I have lots of purple basil. My dill went crazy and grew 5' high and went to seed before my cucumbers were even blossoming. My banana peppers and jalapenos are doing great, and we have had a few salads from the lettuce but the rest has been sort of a flop. No onions, tiny carrots, small dry beans, a few handfuls of peas- , tall spindly cilantro that flowers so fast I can't seem to pinch it off in time and so far no watermelons or squash forming. I don't think I get enough sun in my garden patch and maybe I need to fertilize. I don't know why it's not growing better. I thought a family of 4 could be fed from a square foot garden. Not true. We would be dead a long time ago. :)
We were getting ready to go on a walk and I watched Joren look at that water and he just could not, not jump in it. There is more than one use for snowboarding goggles!


I wish I could garage sale there!! Great finds! awesome swing-set!!
ReplyDelete