We get a lot of deer. Paul taught the boys how to set a snare and the other day the boys realized that in their long forgotten snare, there was a frozen stiff, dead bunny rabbit. Paul was a real hero that day and there has been some intense excitement about hunting and snaring since then.
Eirik and Joren love science experiments. Here are just a few of the recent adventures. Did you know that when you soak an egg in vinegar, the shell dissolves and leaves a non hard boiled, solid egg that will break very easily? It also absorbs food coloring through osmosis and changes sizes based on the amount of water it has. We made stalagmites and stalagtites and an orange clock and endless beakers and test tubes filled with food coloring and other kitchen essentials. I am a terribly mean mom because I won't let them keep their potions in their rooms (hello food coloring). They are very upset about it, but what is a mom to do, really?
Here is what I have been making for Juni's room. I got this far and decided that I do not like it nearly as much as I thought and well... I completely changed directions and added a bunch of color. I know, crazy. Anyway.. I hope I'll have the reveal for you soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment