This week I got a package in the mail that blew my mind. One of my longtime besties made Juniper a dress out of this sensational fabric that I adore AND a matching doll. When I opened it I had to cry through laughter/ laugh through tears for the first few minutes. I was first so touched by the selflessness of the gift from my friend who I have not even seen in over 5 years, and second by the absolute awesomeness of the gift. She made it exactly to my taste. And third, it made the arrival of a little girl in my life more real than ever. I felt like I am suddenly in the mom's with daughters club. I get to now have dolls in my house and take my daughter shopping and make girly crafts and have someone who might like being in the kitchen with me. I love my boys and they are my heart, but man, I tell ya, I'm glad they have a great dad because I don't roughhouse well with them, I don't understand the constant need to have a weapon in my hand or be ready for hunting or war at a moments notice. I do my best to be outdoorsy and all about sports, but like I said, they are lucky to have a dad because this girly girl does not get it and I hope this daughter of mine will be a little more on my page so I don't always feel like the strange one in my home. today before we all settled down in our tent for reading and bedtime my sweet boys all joined me around the rabble and they each made Jumiper a felt doll to give her when she is born.
Our dear Juniper, your arrival could not be more fondly anticipated! We love you already so much!
And Emily, I can't thank you enough for your wonderful gift. You are a true friend.

So so precious.
ReplyDelete