Sunday, February 17, 2013

Valentines day

This year Paul and I went out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Paul was prepared to drive me up to this fancy Thai food place because I have been talking about Thai soup for months, but it was an hour away and there was a fresh coat of snow on the road and Paul had missed a 20 car pile up on the freeway on his way home from work by one exit so neither of us felt much like driving far. Paul has been sick and Friday he was feeling terrible but, of course, he did not let on through all of dinner just how miserable he felt. He told me that having my trust was one of his most prized possessions. He said he wished he could somehow get inside my head and show me how much he loves me. He told me that he feels joy in helping me be the best I can be and helping me achieve my dreams. He said cultivating our relationship and growing together is one of his favorite things. And to top it off, he said that he wants to die before me so he can go ahead and make sure everything is beautiful and prepared for me. So, did I have a food Valentines day? Well I think I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world. He always thinks he needs to buy me gifts so he bought me a gardenia plant a 3 Skor bars, which I love, but just having his devotion is the greatest gift I could ever want in this life. He is constantly teaching me how to be a better person and how to love more fully. He has such a huge loving heart and I only strive every day to try to be worthy of him. Sometimes the only way I don't get intimidated about being his wife is that the Lord told me I could have him. I am so blessed. I love you Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment