Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome Juinper Gayle!!

 
One of the great things about being induced is that you can look rested and ready when you arrive at the hospital, even if you are not.  I spent a lot of time pleading with my Heavenly Father that I would go into labor on my own the night before, and I hardly slept at all.  I don't know why I was so anxious about it, but I just wanted her to come when she was ready and to not be forced here early.  I was relieved when we got to the hospital to learn that I was dilated to a 4, I was having contractions, and she was fully engaged, so it was safe to break my water before pitocin and see if labor would start.  Start it did.  Hard contractions started within an hour and then I went from a 4 to a 10 in 45 minutes. By the time I was crying out for pain killer, the anesthesiologist had time to administer 1/2 a bolus of an intrathecal shot which worked a little too well for my taste and we waited another 45 minutes for the pain killer to wear off enough for me to push her out.  I just could not push properly without feeling the contractions, so I waited.  Waiting was a little awkward.  I was so glad when it was finally time to get her out into the world.  What an exciting, overwhelming moment that is!  I had a great nurse who put Juni right on my chest, skin to skin right after she came out.  She was perfect.  Tiny, and graceful, delicate and feminine, beautiful and ...wait, what?  Dark hair!  What a surprise, beautiful dark hair at the nape of her neck!  Blue, very dark blue eyes, long fingers, 6 lbs 12 oz. and 20" long.  She was gorgeous and the minute I saw her I never wanted to let her out of my gaze or arms ever again.  Oh what a wonderful thing it is to be a mother!  Labor is amazing.  I was glad when they told me they call my experience an augmentation instead of an induction.  I don't know why that makes a difference to me.  It feels more like it's supposed to.  I put in some big thank you's to my Father above for that.  The whole process of growing a human inside me still just blows my mind.  To think that this perfect, gorgeous baby that will grow into a woman that could live 100 years, started inside me; well, it's just astounding.  Now, and forever we will have a daughter and three wonderful sons in our posterity, and all I had to do was make it through 9 months of discomfort.  It's a small price, really.  I did not like it.  Did not like it at all, but looking at this incredible daughter, it is all worth it.  What a miracle.
 


  








 


We were excited to get our boys and have our whole family together at home.  We picked them up at the park where our friend Liz took them to play.  We brought Juni home on a beautiful spring day and we all enjoyed the sunshine for a few minutes before heading home.  Kasey will die when she sees that Paul brought her gorgeous quilt outside, but she should know that Paul wanted to bring Juni home in one of her very best blankets.  You can't see it very well, but this quilt Kasey made is amazing!


 We love you Juniper Gayle!

No comments:

Post a Comment