Saturday, March 2, 2013

Belly shot- Juni- Come out!!

This photo is from Feb 2nd- over a month old.  Paul said he is sad that this is the last time I am going to be pregnant.  Well, he is not the one pregnant and I am so excited that my due date is at the end of this week.  I feel like every minute is an attempted distraction to keep me from going crazy with waiting.  I just want to hold this little girl in my arms so bad.  I want her out of my body and in my sight so I can kiss her and welcome her (and walk normal again).  I am trying to remember that 9 months is a short time when compared with how long we will get to have a daughter.  It is a small time to wait to get to always be a mother to a daughter.  What will it be like?  Will she be like me?  Will she like me?  Will she add that sweet missing something to our little family that I hope she will.  Will she grow up to love me and be the friend I imagine?  I am crazy about her and obsessed with preparing for her arrival.  I think Paul has suffered from my distraction.  All I can think about is that it could be any moment that she arrives.  I thought for sure it would be last night, but I woke up still in my bed and no contractions.  I have been going on little runs and working out.  The bags are all packed, the crib is made.  Her blanket is finished.  Her clothes are all prepared.  I have diapers and vitamins and the car seat is in the car.  I have nothing on the schedule for this week.  It's going to be a long week if she does not arrive soon.
And, I learned last Monday that my doctor is going out of town for a week starting the day I am due.  He wants me to schedule an induction.  I don't want to.  Paul had a nightmare last night about having another doctor there for the delivery and nothing went like we hoped and the doctor was not nice.  Paul said he does not want any other doctor to deliver Juni than Dr. Butto.  I agree, but I'm not interested in being induced.  Still, I want her here so bad!  I might be persuaded again, even though it's not my first choice.  Really, all I care about is her getting here safely.  The method of delivery is important, but not that important.  I've had a natural birth, one with an epidural a week late and one induction and all were amazing.  There is just no pitocin without an epidural in my mind though, and my first choice is to labor quickly and get there late enough that it is too late to get the epidural and just push her out, and it should happen tonight.  :)  That's not too much to ask right?  Well, I think I might schedule an induction for Thursday if I don't go into labor before then.  What am I saying?!  I guess the rush to the hospital is part of the excitement and I don't like the idea of it being scheduled.  I love that moment when you realize, "it's now.. I'm in labor. Let's go!!"  With an induction you go sit in a hospital bed for hours and hours while hooked up to needles and you wait and wait.  I really don't enjoy that at all.  I want to be in and out of the hospital just as fast as possible and crawling into the delivery room is part of the rush.  I know, I'm a bit crazy I guess.
All I know is she's squirming and kicking around and I'm so full of excitement and anticipation that I can hardly sleep or think about anything else and I feel like I've got a lid on, but if I have to wait much longer, well.. I just can't!  Let's have a baby!! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited for you all! I also love Juni's name. Juniper breeze was my very favorite potion for years :)

    I'm also excited for all the new changes happening for your fam this year! You look beautiful, Melody! You are such a good mom its inspiring!

    Much Love!
    (Your cousin) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for you. This is the worst and the best part all rolled into one long week. I can't wait to meet your new addition. She's going to be gorgeous. You are the perfect Mom to raise a little girl. I'm so glad you are finally being blessed with one. Keep me posted because you have a visitor dying to meet Juni. Oh ya, and tell Paul, I've got one awesome meal waiting to be devoured by you and all your boys when she's here :-) Love you.

    ReplyDelete