Thursday, May 31, 2012

Joren in May 12

Joren has been insisting that I make him a vest and belt and headband out of pampas grass so he can go play with the monks.  Now, I'm pretty good with costumes, but I told him pampas grass is out of my expertise. After a few days and some discussions on the issue, we settled on making him a koonskin hat and a fur vest.  He is crazy about it and wore it to preschool for crazy hat day.  He also got to wear it to the Father/ Son campout.  It was a hoot.

For weeks Joren has insisted that his preschool class and family call him by his chosen name of hte day.  For many days it was Bill.  Then it was Lars and lately it is Chuck.  He gets really mad when someone forgets.  He says, "I SAID, my name is CHUCK!"  He also locked himself in the dog kennel yesterday and told me he was my pet panther and that he had a pet worm named Torin.  

I set up some 2 L bottles with sand in them for Joren to bowl.  He got so excited and bowled for a long time.  He told me lots of times that he was an expert bowler.  The next weekend we were invited to a birthday party at a bowling alley.  I have not seen Joren so excited except when we go swimming.  I took a video of him dancing around.  

Joren's preschool hosted a Mother's Day tea party this year it was so fun.   Joren put make up on me and did my nails and we potted flowers in a pot he had painted for me.  We had a little tea party with cucumber sandwiches at apple juice and tea and cookies and then we danced to Louis Armstrong. Joren decided to wear a cowboy outfit instead of "tea party" clothes.  He wore his cowboy hat and boots with his funky cowboy shirt.  It was adorable!  Mother's Day is my new favorite day!



When asked at preschool what he was going to do for his mom for Mother's day, Joren told the class that he was going to invent a three armed robot to help mom do her chores.

"Second's up mom." Joren


"What is happiness Joren?" I asked, to which he responded, "Happymess?"





No comments:

Post a Comment