Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Can I drink out of a coconut shell when I grow up?


For months now Joren has been asking me the same question: "When I grow up, can I go to a beach and drink coconut milk out of a coconut shell and lay in a hammock?"  The kids remembered the one I made for them in the old house so they asked me for a sheet.  I told them we did not have any trees close enough together but I challenged them to try to come up with something anyway.  They went outside and thought of hanging it on the swing set!  Brilliant.  It worked great.  It's awesome when the ideas don't all have to come from me!  Of course I felt guilty being in Miami last weekend laying on a beach looking up at coconut trees above us so when we got home I did my best to try to make a bit of his dreams come true.  I made some coconut/ lime smoothy and encouraged him to lay in his  hammock in our backyard and turned on some Hawiian music and let him relax for as long as he wanted.  I think he really liked it.  You can see here, he is winking at me!  What a little charmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment