Saturday, May 12, 2012

Friends over


We had the Whiting kids sleep over.  It was one of the first warm weekends and the butterflies were out in abundance.  We spent the good part of the first evening catching butterflies and putting them in jars.  The next day we were lucky enough to catch our spectacular pond frog and the kids all got to play with him.  The funnies part of the weekend was when Brynlee came inside for dinner and said, "excuse me, I have to go wash nature off my hands."

Life is so good when you can be outside all day long.  I got to plant my garden this week.  For 4 days this week we were outside 80% of the day.  70-80 degree days!  To say I have been a happy girl is an understatement.  I read my new square foot gardening book and found out a few things I did wrong the past few years and tried to correct those and then I planted.  I learned to compost this year and used my own compost in the soil.  I also bought a drip hose and hay.  I am very interested to see if my garden will do better this year.  I planted (2) 4 x 4' gardens and 10 pots and hollyhocks and lavender in the flower garden.  I hope they will all do well.  Paul went to Oregon this weekend. (more details about that to come.) and I watched two Davis boys for two nights while he was away.  We played outside and had sleeping bag sleepovers each night.  We set up the tent, did bobsledding on the lawn with sleds and Tor, set up the pool and water slide, made homemade bubbles, played in the forest fort, had a read-a-thon in the tent, ate lots of pop-cycles and ice cream, and caught a baby robin and a huge bullfrog.  (This was obviously the highlight.)  The Davis boys and perfectly mannered and great to have around.  It was really fun, and they were all so good.  May is pretty much perfect.









 I learned how to make homemade bubbles and let the kids go to town.  They really liked that!
 On another day we had Nate Hillam come play.  He came on the very first day it was warm enough to get the sprinklers out.  They had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment