Monday, July 11, 2011

When is this life going to pick up the pace?

We had a great Family Reunion in Oregon this week. After an incredibly packed week with 9 super efficient adults planning one activity after another we were heading to the airport to come home and Eirik asked, "When is this life going to pick up the pace? It goes so slow." I can't pretend to know exactly what he means, but I do know that I can not spend my life trying to please him or keep him entertained for if I do, I will never win.
As I was putting Joren to bed tonight he siad, "mom, I quit!" I asked, "you quit what Joren?" He replied, "I QUIT YOU!"
Admittedly, coming down off vacation is hard. We have gotten used to constant overstimulation and fun, and being home with just mom is pretty boring I guess, especially when I cleaned the house well before we left and there was only one of us home.. and he's big and hairy, and when I got home only the upstairs was clean enough to put Teig down in. At the end of today Teig was a filthy mess. I feel like a failure because this house is such a constant stinky mess. I hate having Tor live with us. He makes me miserable.

1 comment:

  1. I laugh thinking of Eirik reading this 25 years from now when life speeds by like a semi truck. I wonder if I will ever again feel like there is not enough on my plate. I know lots of elderly people find that very hard. It just seems to me like the seasons of life are so unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete