100 degrees:
"I'm the hottest one here! This is torture. You are never nice!" Eirik screamed as we drug him home from our family bike ride/ walk around the block. I drew a cool bath and helped him in, to which he screamed, "it's freezing! You hate me. I'm going to die!" In frustration I threw a towel and clothes on him and put his exhausted body in his bed while I mocked him repeating back his ridiculous words. When he had finally calmed down he said, "maybe I am a crybaby like Jake said. I'm sorry I make things so hard for you mom." Am I as immature as my 5 year old?
A family from Utah was visiting our ward the week of the Ann Arbor arts festival to show the Dad's metal artwork. They sat in front of us and I waited in anticipation to meet them the whole hour. They were cool. They gave me their card. Meeting them was like driving past my favorite restaurant but not going inside. I am starved to be understood as only an artist can. I feel so alone sometimes. They are in town till Sat. Should I call? What would I say?
I wrote some songs today:
My Joren, My Joren, My Joren I'm adorin'
My Joren, My Joren, You're scorin' all my love
Ninja warrior, samurai
Power ranger, super fly
Great adventurer, dinosaur guy
my creative kid
In his creature power suit,
water bender or sonic too
Luke Skywalker, Hero true
My Creative kid
Design Star is back on. The white box challenge was last night. I was up late brainstorming and sketching and even now I can't turn it off. Restaurant supply store... cutting boards, wax paper, wooden spoons, big buckets, butcher paper, mop handles, rubber mats, cabbage, orange spice, light socket kits, rubber bands, napkins, placemats, tablecloths
If I could have dinner with anyone it would be Michael Orwick or Madeleine L'Engle or Ray Brandbury.
I can really see Michael Orwick's influence in your work. the light is lovely!
ReplyDelete