Everyone got to dress up. I'm kind of funny and love to dress up. I wore my hair extensions and the kids were all so confused. They came up and touched my hair, tugged on it, asked me how it grew so fast. They could not believe it. I brought some extra costumes and I loved helping them get all dressed up.
Next there were games like "walk the plank" and "sword fight challenge" on the grass.
Zach and Arinn made a really cool treasure map which the kids had to follow to the beach and all around. When they got to the X in the sand they had to dig.
They found Grandpa Steve's tool box and in it there were treasures for each of the kids with notes from him. The treasures were the things Steve had collected on his travels. Eirik got a stone bear, Joren got two carved tiki guys from Hawaii and Teig got a wooden cowboy. I thought it was really special.

No comments:
Post a Comment