It's been a challenge lately to get enough sleep. It seems there is
always a boy up at some point during most hours of the night. It
doesn't help that I have this new addiction that keeps me up every night
designing rooms. So, it made me laugh when I woke up the other morning
to the boys chucking coins from their piggy banks at me from the top
bunk since I was asleep in the chair in their room with Teig on my lap.
There were a lot of coins. Lucky they are really bad at throwing.
This morning was worse though. We let Joren fall asleep in the car at
5:00 last night by accident. If we would have woken him he would have
not gone back to sleep until past midnight, and since we did not wake
him when we brought him in, he woke up wet at 4:00 AM and was ready to
start the day. I fell back asleep and woke up at 7:00 or so to him
saying, "Mom, I found the water and the paints!" Can you believe that I
was so tired that I actually could not drag myself out of bed to see
what kind of mess he was making?? Luckily it was watercolor paints that
he found and he actually used them on paper only as far as I could tell
(minus his shirt which was covered, but I got to sleep an extra hour so
I don't care.)
Another morning when I found myself too lazy and
exhausted to get out of bed I went downstairs to find my kids helping
themselves to Diet Coke and Cheese ball floats for breakfast. Lucky I
was ahead of that catastrophe. :)
Another couple of
funny incidents had me laughing. On the way to drop Paul at the airport
Eirik said, "next stop, Airport!" Joren said, "Airport! That starts
with T!! Airport, that rhymes with Airport!!" His excitement about his
false discoveries was so funny to me. Then Eirik added to the laughter
by exclaiming, "next stop.. Camelot!"
I was giving
Eirik and Joren a time out for trying to kill each other the other
morning. I was again doing one of my serious talks to both of them
about how they should be best brothers and how we should treat one
another when Joren suddenly interrupts with this enthusiastic totally
non-related statement: "Like when I put a fish in a cat's mouth!" I
chuckled and then continued the lecture when he interrupted again by
asking, "what happens I stab a pocketknife in my leg?" I tried to
ignore this one and continued until he interrupted ad asked, "what
happens I put water in my sock and put it outside?" At this I knew
whatever I was trying to say was not going to get through so I just
laughed and let it go. It adds to the fun when Eirik is mature enough
to totally see the humor in it and laugh with me. I love to see them
growing up. PS. I know Joren is using his random comments to deflect my
discipline. It is so genius.
Another good thing
happened. I have been cutting Pauls hair for almost 8 years, and this
week I actually gave him a great haircut! Finally I figured it out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment