Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Everything now land with a pet deer

Joren loves playdough, but he never really sculpts anything. Here he has made piles and lines and stuck toothpicks in them. This is about all I can get him to do with his playdough, but he likes to do it all the time. Is that weird?

Who's in there? My Joren loves to find unusual hiding places. This was a good one.

This is their eagle's nest. You can't tell but the car seat is perched on a small table in the corner of our dining room. They only fell out once doing this.

I can't remember which characters they were being this day, but they had to have colored bellies. Notice Eirik has a dog leash wrapped around his as his climbing gear or spy gear. Actually EVERYTHING is about SPY gear lately. He even confiscated my curling iron again because it has important spy potential. I love seeing what he finds useful in his spy bag.

Both boys have recently been totally into Blue's Clues. They both have little notebooks that our friend Ruth gave them that are perfect "handy dandy notebooks". I made little paw prints and sometimes give them three clues to figure out what we are going to do next or where we are going or something. They take it very seriously drawing each little picture and then sitting in their "thinking chair" to figure out the clues. This day they are even dressed in khaki and green like what's his name on Blue's Clues. mike? I can't remember. I love that intent "thinking" look on Eirik's face.


Joren has a new pet. It's a baby deer that he keeps in his pocket so that it will stay warm. It is the size of a pencil eraser. It is named Kiwi. It is always with him. Joren keeps tomato soup in his backpack to feed his pet deer. He "woves" his pet deer.

Eirik begged me to go play with him in "everything now land." I said, I don't know how to play that. He said, "Duh, it's where you get everything now.

No comments:

Post a Comment