
I
bought little red and white mailboxes this year for $1 each from Target
and we each decorated them with our names. Our kids are finally
entering the age where I get to do all of these fun things I have always
imagined doing. We got to exchange valentines with each other for the
two weeks before valentine's day. I have to admit; making valentines is
kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I see them as a little piece of art
and I can sort of insist that those around me join me in making art for a
little while. I had valentine "equipment" out for about a week and a
half straight. We made valentines as a family several times, once with
cousin Dave.

This picture below shows my sweet family "suffering" through the valentine's ordeal. :) (notice all the fake grins.)

And
I had friends over to make them some more. I had a great time and I
cried over some of the sweetness my boys created. This one Eirik made
for his dad is Luke Skywalker with a blue light saber..

Paul
went out of town for a week to the AOCD conference in New Orleans. We
missed him a lot and Eirik came up with a very in depth plan about how
we would welcome him home. We each made him a valentine to take with
him when he left, and we each made him one to welcome him home. On the
morning after he arrived home late the night before we executed his
plan.
#1 Diet coke float with ice cream
#2 Muffin (I substituted scone)
#3 blueberries
#4
presents- (Eirik wrapped some of his favorite toys (and a bottle of
Dad's deodorant which he calls Gatorade) in transformer wrapping paper)
#5 grapefruit- actually that was my idea
Joren
practiced singing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home for the whole week
so he knew all the words when we sang to him." They were truly
adorable waking him up early with all their overflowing love.

Here's Paul doing his best to be enthusiastic about getting his deodorant for a gift at 6:30 AM. :)

I
was in charge of the Preschool Valentine's day party for Eirik's class
since I am the party mom at the coop. I always feel like these
preschool parties are excessive, even though I plan them. There's
always way too much sugar and the kids really don't expect anything and
we probably overdo it. I still don't know where the line is.. but we
went there.. again and probably crossed it .. again and had a nice time
doing it. I made glitter wands to spread the love and hearts exploding
in love (the pink cards with glitter everywhere) and heart shaped pbj's
and heart shaped hot dogs skewered with speghetti noodles... anyway...
it was over the top and totally silly but fun. Eirik sure has some cute
girls in his class, but he wrote on the board when he got in the
classroom "I love Kaitlin". (she's the one in the red velvet dress.)
He told me the first day of class, "I think I'm in love." When Mrs.
Tobias asked each kid who they thought of when they thought of love
Kaitlin said, "Eirik". *WHAT* That's not supposed to be happening in
preschool!

I
have 4 pretty amazing boys to heart this Valentine's day but most of
all I love my Dr. A. He is growing up to be one hunky specimen of a
man. I feel like I have watched him grow up over the past few months.
He is even getting silver hair at his temples. He is more dignified and
sure and strong than ever. I have really wondered lately how I ever
caught this guy. What a lucky girl I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment