Today Juni courageously climbed the climbing wall structure at the park. As she stood triumphantly at the top Teig said, "Can you get her down from here? She's freakin' me out!" Juni said, "I not scared, (kared). I not kared of anyfing!" She flexed her muscles and made a fierce tiger face to go with her growl.
Juni's "spirit animal" is a pink dragon.
I fell asleep reading to Juni. It was quiet 10 min. later when I woke up and I knew I was in trouble. I heard her coming up the stairs. When she appeared in the doorway she looked like she sparkled all over. Upon further investigation, I discovered she had found the container of brown sugar far too appealing to leave alone. She dumped it all out by the handfuls on the ground, then laid down in it, got it in her hair and tracked it through the whole house!
Juni is obsessed with lipstick. I have to put all my make up and and nail polish in the top of my closet or she is sure to take it to a closet or behind a chair and play with it. Paul bought her bright pink lipstick as a bribe. She hid in the closet and drew all over the walls and her arms and face with it. When she got a long time out she said, "I pomise, I never do dat again.! I pomis!" Like a sucker, I gave her another chance the next day only to find it all over my sheets, her sheets, and the bean bag.
If she is doing something sneaky she will be hiding. I say, "Juni, what cha doing'? or "what do you have?" She'll look at me suspiciously and say, "shhh..." with her little fingers over her lips. She hid in Teigs closet and drew a whole detailed blue and green scribble mural on the wall. . It's hard to be mad when I love drawing on the walls too, and I love lipstick too.
Cousin Emily was in my care. We were getting ready for Grandma Law's funeral. I had Juni and Teig and Emily. Amy had the other kids and were going to meet there. As I was getting shoes on kids, Emily came out with a large, bright pink streak in her bangs. It looked awesome, but I knew Amy would not like it if I left it. I learned she did it with hot pink chalk. Juni had bean carrying it around all weekend eating a little in between using it as lipstick. We washed it out. (It almost all came out. I was sort of sad to see it go). Amy still noticed and was not happy!
I bought Juni a pack of squeezy fruit and gave it to Juni to eat on the way home from the grocery store. She ate some, then looked at me and said, Look mom, I spill it." then she proceeded to squeeze it out onto the floor of the car, her lap and hands, then smear it. Of course I grabbed it and scolded her. She said, "make me happy." I said, "Does it make you happy to make mommy upset." she said, "Uh huh."
Every time you give Juni a carrot or an apple with skin, she bites it, chews it and spits it out until she's surrounded by small bits of carrot or skin all around her.
Famous phrase, "I not do it anymore!"
She says "anymore" in almost all sentences.
She absolutely refuses to wear socks. She loves long hot showers. If she falls, she quickly looks around and says loudly, "I OK!"
After I took Juni's lipstick away again, she found me and said, "Daddy bought me new lipstick and you don't take it! I share with you, but you don't take it! It not yours! I share but it mine. OK?!! And you don't take it!" All the while this little girl is wagging her little finger at me with a stern look on her intense face!
Juni laboriously pushed her rocking chair all the way from her room to my closet. It wasn't high enough, so she got a stool. Again, not high enough, so she came to find me outside to ask me this question: "You please get my lipstick? I use just dab dab dab, witto bit. It's super high. I can't get it. You help me?" I looked into her darling little eyes and trusted her when she said, "I keep it safe in my drawer." A few minutes later she went outside with Paul and the boys to play basketball. It wasn't more than 5 minutes before Paul came in to get rags and soap to scrub a mural of hot pink lipstick off the neighbors garage door.
This week Juni drew with lipstick on our windows, pencil and pink crayon on the walls and cabinets and Joren's art. Pencil all over the walls.
She dumped all the marshmallows on the ground, ate all of Teig's valentine candy, clicked on Animal Jam and somehow bought a bunch of animals, smeared conditioner all over the shower walls and all surrounding areas and demolished a granola bar and then rolled in it at Paul's office in the lobby.
She loves to draw circles around her eyes with pink marker. She says it's her kitty cat face.
She puts her drink in her food at every meal. She unwrapped string and strung herself up in it all over her wrists and neck. Good think I found her before she turned blue.
Her favorite foods are: Hot gogs, pizza, cottage cheese, and apple juice. She also loves the show Octonots. She loves her puppy Roxy.
She is terrified of riding in the cart at the grocery store from a time when Joren jumped on the side and tipped the cart. She is also too scared to ride in a bike seat. She says, "you ride, I walk!"
She hates to sit in her chair and is always climbing on the table. She refuses all food and magically finds sweets anywhere they are hidden. She loves to sneak my phone while I'm asleep. I put a password on it and she now says, "Why you have password! I not know it! I need grown up phone. My phone not have games!"
No comments:
Post a Comment