I went to the pet store on Eirik's birthday for crickets for Joren's gecko. Paul and I knew that more than anything Eirik wanted a dog for his birthday. I knew I was not ready, but Paul and I had talked about it and had decided that we would open ourselves to the idea. Teig asked me to go to Critter Cabana for crickets instead of where I normally go. I don't know how he got that idea, and I don't know why I agreed, but as soon as I walked in and saw the cutest puppy I had ever seen, I wondered immediately if unseen forces were at work. I know Eirik has been praying for a dog for years. What are the chances that I would find the only dog I have ever seen that might steal my heart on his 10th birthday. She fit all our criteria so we went back that night as a surprise to pick her up. I will never forget the joy and excitement in Eirik's eyes when he saw that our name was written on the hold sign. He hugged me for 10 minutes and said "thank you about 50 times."
She is a delightful puppy. It took Eirik about 10 seconds to name her Roxy and we all agreed. Welcome to the family Roxy.
No comments:
Post a Comment