Highlights:
We drove south through the redwoods to San Fransisco and then on to a resort "The Majestic" in Yosemite valley, and back home through Bend.
Paul: I thought the kids did amazing in the car. It was great that Grandparents showed up and added a new dynamic right at the right time. I thought Stout Grove and coming into Yosemite Valley were amazing. Tunnel view was awesome.
Eirik: I'll remember that I bought a hatchet kit, and that Grandma and Grandpa gave me a survival knife for my birthday. I saw elk and a coyote up close and a bald eagle. I loved the candy shops like Powell's and seeing Zootopia. I liked the hikes with Grandma and Grandpa and Easter and seeing Alcatraz. It was fun when Jake and I slept in the small room next to each other on the floor and got up for a sunrise hike to the river by ourselves.
Joren: I liked getting Sprite when we stopped at gas stations. I liked being on the ferry boat out around Alcatraz and the hike in the redwoods. I loved Zootopia and riding the trolley. I did not like being sick the whole trip.
Teig: I did not like when dad spanked me. I liked the boat ride and riding the trolley. Easter was fun.
Juni: pink eggs, blue eggs, unicorns, baskets, Easter bunny, lipstick, me. Juni got scared after being in the car for so many hours and started insisting that someone hold her hand or hold her on their lap. I let her get out of her car seat for the slow drives around Yosemite. That was her favorite part of the trip. "Hold my hand, I scared."
Mom: I loved seeing the Golden Gate bridge and the museum next to the Argonaut hotel that tells about the history of San Fransisco. It was very inspiring! I loved celebrating my birthday with my favorite guy in San Fran. I loved the rolling green hills under bright blue skies dotted with trees near Manteca, CA on the way to the breathtaking Yosemite valley. I loved laying in the meadow near swinging bridge, under El Capitan in the sun while the kids played and painted. We all did art in the Yosemite art center for an hour. I loved seeing them bent over their work. Juni did a nice drawing and then somehow found some masking tape and hung her painting on the wall near the other gallery pieces. She was so proud. I was too! I loved the gorgeous lobby of The Majestic. Paul stayed with the kids one night while I sat in the lobby and painted and drew until midnight. The huge ceilings, dark beams, wall sized fireplaces, iron chandeliers and Indian baskets and rugs made it both grand and cozy and exciting. It was a stunning place to be. I loved the night hike with the kids around the resort in the full moon. The kids were delightful and we all grew closer together. It was a great success with loads of good memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment