We had such a fun night last night. Paul flew to Miami so I figured I ought to try to help the kids have a good time. We went to the park by the river after school and it was a gorgeous day. Eirik invited a friend to play baseball. The other three kids and I went down to the river collected sticks and play pirates on a tropical beach.
It started to rain so we jumped in the car. I didn't feel like going home so we drove in the rain for a few minutes while I thought of what to do. It's spring and so we drove through the countryside and looked at the blooming trees that were magnificent. Our drive led us to McDonald's where my kids thought that I was the queen of the world for buying them hamburgers and ice cream which I hardly ever do.Juni had this little purse with her the entire night. It has two sets of swimming goggles, one set of spyglasses and her own little sunglasses she calls them I'll "goggle".

She's so cute clutching her little purse with her painted nails. The boys were willing to let me stop at home goods to look for a gift for a friend where we all enjoyed the cool sculptures and art. That lasted about seven minutes before Juni started to freak out so we went to Cabelas next door. Eirik picked out a backpack for his birthday which he is been dying to get. The kids loved the camping supplies and we talked about hiking boots for a long time. Juni tried on all the pink camel backs and checked out the pink Keens.
Outside Cabela's there's a great big fire pit and I told the kids some campfire stories before we got in the car.
On the way home we stopped at the youth music project and watched some live performances by teenagers. They have been bags in the front of this beautiful stage where the kids can watch. They loved the musicians. I signed Joren up for drum classes starting in April and Eirik for guitar in April. They are so excited.
Unfortunately while we were having a great time Paul was stuck in a 6 1/2 hour layover in Dallas because of the snowstorm on his way to Miami. When I talked to him around 2 AM, his time, he was not a happy camper. Especially since he left at 6:30 am our time.
When I woke up I found Eirik like this. When I checked is the Netflix account he had been watching Spiderman shows for six hours. Perhaps I've been a little too restrictive.?
No comments:
Post a Comment