I've been ignoring the clicking in my jaw for years. I have known I have TMJ but never taken the time to read about it or research treatments, until now. Now that I can't chew anything without discomfort, now that my jaw is locked and will no longer click to a full open, now that biting into a pizza or a sandwich is nearly impossible. I didn't think I would need to get treatment until it was giving me real problems. And now today is the day and I have learned that once a disk has slipped out of place, recapturing that disk is sometimes nearly impossible. I face the possibility of not ever being able to fully open my mouth again. Now that I've read up on TMJ and all of the symptoms that can develop from it, I am pretty mad at myself for not taking more action sooner. I had no idea I could make a difference early on. I thought I would have to do what my mom and sister did and get braces. Two orthodontists have told me they can't help me so now I am going to physical therapy and a specialist. I have to hope that the specialist will be able to help.
I don't know why but some days I feel like I'm in a fog and that I'm trying to wade through a million thoughts that never get to a place where I can take action on them. It's like they are a sea of me but the things that are supposed to come to the surface just don't when the time is right. I just have to hope that when I'm resurrected and in a perfect state, I will be a very deep ocean full of wonder. what I'm saying is that I'm storing it up hoping that the scriptures are true when they say that we will have a perfect recollection of our sins (and hopefully everything else!). If I seem shallow now, it's because my memory is about 30 minutes long, if that.
No comments:
Post a Comment