We're driving home from a wonderful Thanksgiving Week vacation in Utah with my family.
What a great week it has been! Some of my favorite memories will be swing dancing with Michael and my mom, Riding a motorcycle by myself, shooting guns, Seeing my brothers in all their motorcycle gear, the gorgeous light and the mountains and staying up late with my mom cooking. I loved it all.
I love the desert.
I love the hot sun,
the bright blue sky and the smell of the dust.
I love the dry desert plants and the rocks and wide open spaces.
I love the old crumbly buildings and piles of hay and that you can find rusty metal altoid boxes along the side of the road.
I love the black cows in the dry yellow grass and how the mountains can be any color depending in the time of day and lighting
like the stunning deep purple of yesterday.
I feel right at home here and love to be by my family.
Paul took all the boys on long 4 wheeler rides. Joren
asked if he could drive. Paul was surprised when he let Joren drive that he was pretty good at it. After that Jake and Eirik got to drive too.
They all got to try riding Dave and Tera's little kid motorcycle. Eirik
preferred the guns. Joren loved the motorcycle and did a really good
job. Even when he crashed he got up and rode again. Paul loved the dirt
bikes and shooting guns with my dad. Teig loved playing in the dirt and
watching all the action. Juni liked being held the whole time. My mom
brought a yummy tail gait picnic of leftover Thanksgiving food to our excursion.
Paul enjoyed seeing our kids play with cousins. Ole Ab Elsie and Zinnia were so nice to our boys. Eirik and Joren slept over and did not want to leave. Ab helped Joren and Eirik build a quiver for each of them.
We loved a too quick stop in Idaho with our besties Kit and Basil and their adorable girls. They will always be like going home. I so love them.
I enjoyed seeing my wonderful grandparents Bonnie and Stan Williams. Grandma is still sharp as a tack and doing her best to help Grandpa with the things he forgets. Grandpa is a bit confused but still teases me and laughs at my jokes. I love these people.
Eirik got to ride to Utah with my Dad and Davy and Michael. He was so excited to road trip with them that he woke up my Dad at 3:20 am and then at 5:20 and 6:20 until my dad finally got up. They had a great time and riding 13 hours with 3 kids was easier than 4. In fact there wasn't one fight our whole trip. The kids were great!







No comments:
Post a Comment