Thursday, November 7, 2013

November is already here!

I also got my first pair of rain boots in the mail from amazon. I am officially an Oregonder now.
Tomorrow we are installing and painting the last of our remodel at the office. I think it will go into just one more weekend for final touches but I am so excited to have it finished. It has truly been way more consuming than I expected. I can't wait to post photos. It is looking so beautiful. I am proud that Paul gets to work in such a nice office and by doing tons of the work ourselves we have saved a lot if money.

My parents bought a house in Lake Oswego and I have been designing it as my brothers and a few other contractors remodel it. It is going to take until the first week of dec to finish but I think it is going to be pretty special. I have learned so much on this project to prepare me for many upcoming remodels and hopefully our own house someday. We have been on the search for a house in our ward. We found an AMAZING home across the river with a waterfall and trout pond and barn and shop and chicken coup, but it's not in the ward and not in the school district we moved here to be in. We are still considering it because it is so absolutely dreamy. Plus we are not even qualified for a loan yet. We are hoping to move around march/ April. I just want to be settled for good.

One thing about Michigan is that there are no mom2mon sales. I am going to miss this this Christmas. No more steals for Christmas presents.  EVERYTHING is so much more expensive here. My grocery bill has doubled! I still can't stomach buying enough produce because it is so much more than I am used to spending. I thought I would stop couponing when Paul got a job but I am considering getting back into it, even though it is such a pain.

Eirik discovered the joys of amazon wish list. He is now a very proficient Internet shopper. I know.. The horror.. I mean I just learned how to shop online in the last few years and before then there were way less choices. Now it is so easy to want everything because it's all right there. His wish list included over 200 things at one point. He has narrowed it down quite a bit and it has actually been really handy! When he has earned a reward by some particularly great accomplishment or behavior I have gone to his wish list and just bought something small. It comes in the mail and he is thrilled. I went ahead and paid for amazon prime and I have been using it for everything. I will do all of jorens bday and Christmas on Amazon prime. I am looking forward to the after thanksgiving day sales. Eirik mostly wants outdoor and hunting gear and camouflage stuff. His wish list also includes lots of camo face paint and soap that deep can't smell and other things you would never think of if you weren't a 7 year old boy. Joren wants a parrot and as usual is never happy with what he has for long so I won't invest in anything for him. He had his class start calling him Alex when he moved here and now he wants them to call him Mark. He has very intense, short lived interests. I'm not sure what I will get him. Teig loves toys of all kinds. He is so easy to buy for because he is genuinely pleased with everything. He is all sugar. Juni gets whatever she wants. There are still only 2 girl toys in the house so I plan to spoil her a bit.
I'm so excited for Christmas this year. All my boys believe in Santa and for the first time I feel like we have enough money to not stress about gifts. My intent this year is to see delight and joy on their faces! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment