Installation about did me in! I have been really stressed! I have needed help really bad the past two weeks. I have had everyone and their dog help tend my kids. I hired nanny's off the internet and the second counselor in my bishopric even watched them one night. Embarrassing and crazy! I am so excited to finally have it done. It looks really good. Before and after shots are upcoming!
We have one more weekend of hard work on it.
My parents bought a house in Lake Oswego to fix and sell. It was a huge mess and we gutted it down to studs in a lot of places. They hired me to design it and they have let me choose just about every single thing in the whole house. Amazing! It has been a tremendous amount of work to try to do this in a very short time frame on top of the office remodel, relief society and, did I mention I have 4 children and a nursing baby. Am I crazy?! Two of my brothers came from Utah to work here on it. They are living in the house while they work. It has been really fun to work with my family and to get to see my brothers more. I am really excited to see this house take shape and see how all of my ideas turn out. I can't believe I get to be the one to choose everything! We agreed on a nice hourly wage, but I told them I don't even care if they pay me. I'm just so excited to see how it all turns out.
I have big, happy and very sad news. Paul gave Tor to a nurse that he works with. It has been 1 1/2 weeks. Eirik cries about every other day. Paul has been really depressed. He is in mourning. It has been very hard for them and since they are in so much pain I feel terrible. But, secretly, between you and me, I am doing cartwheels every day!
Juni is crawling and will cut her first tooth this week. She is getting more and more gorgeous every day. Her brothers adore her.
It's been great to see my family more, but I need to start to learn to say no. I am really loosing my hair. I mean handfulls of it. I have been too stressed and not sleeping. Juni has kept me up a lot lately and I am just running nonstop during the days. I can't keep up. I have to slow it down. Eirik told me that he feels like I care more about Dad's office and Grandpas house than him. It's not fair to my kids. It's hard for me. I'm too selfish. I want to work, and I just can't do anymore. I have to stop. I'm sad, but I just can't do it. No more projects once these are done! (you should see the wreck of my house!) I spent hours today picking up the house after last weeks whirlwind of babysitters and late nights working.
The office is making money and I think Paul is happy at work. He had to let a couple of people go, but he has hired a few new people that are working out great. He has been sad at the anniversary of his dad's death Oct. 4th and loosing Tor. It's been a rough month for him, and seminary every morning is a challenge, but we are pushing through. He is such a good man.
Eirik is in Tae Kwon Do and moved up his first belt rank last weekend. Uncle Michael was in town to come watch. Eirik was really proud. It was a fun celebration and Eirik loves breaking his boards and getting trophies!
Joren has the most amazing kindergarten teacher. I mean, I am so impressed I absolutly can't say how fantastic she is. She brought me to tears at parent teacher conference talking about how much she loves our Joren and how she can see him down the road winning awards for his movies or books or whatever he does. She recognizes how creative he is and how deep he goes in his thinking and imagination. She made me fall in love with my Joren all over again. Her compassion and enthusiasm for teaching and children put me to shame and opened my eyes and made me excited to be better. What a great woman!
Teig is sugar. He is gorgeous! His little bottom lip is so sweet. He says the most astute and comprehensive things. His ability to express, explain and rationalize is way beyond a typical 3 year old. He really understands things. He is highly intelligent. He is rough and tumble, unafraid of anything, keeps up with his brothers even when they do things 3 year olds should never do. He misses them when they go off to school and cries hard if he does not get to say goodbye to them before they leave. He works hard playing by himself when they are gone and can entertain himself for hours. He loves his dinosaurs. He loves cars. He loves learning shows on TV. He is not demanding. He is kind and compassionate. I am continuously impressed by him. I am so lucky to be his mom.
I loved the update. Your family is darling!
ReplyDelete