Saturday, September 29, 2012
Friday Night Family night
I mentioned in a previous post that I was planning a family photo with some pretty cool outfits. I got my night. I got one of the best nights I have ever had. It was, I'll admit a tad selfish. I dressed all my boys in my choice of clothes, made them stand in a beautiful field at twilight and have one of my best friends take lots and lots of photos. They were great sports and I think they all liked their outfits except Paul. He complained about his tie, but I really had no right to choose for him, I just hoped he would let me. While we took pictures of Teig, Joren and Eirik ran out into the soybean field and picked a bag full of soybeans. Eirik said, "mom, now you can have edemame all winter!" They were so proud of their harvesting and so was I . My little gentlemen were perfectly behaved and posed like little professionals. I could not have been happier with them. Then we treated them to family night out to pizza in Ann Arbor. It was a fancy pizza place downtown where we had to park a few blocks away. We are rarely out past dark and all of us walking together all dressed up in hats and ties made it feel like a really special occasion. My darling gentlemen were stared down by adoring pizza patrons the whole way into the restaurant. They were a darling sight to see. As we ate together we were all so happy. I got a wonderful vision of our Friday Family Fun nights tradition carrying on and when they are all older we will continue to go out and laugh and have a blast together. These guys really are special and they do love each other tremendously. I am pretty blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment