Monday, September 24, 2012

Trip to the island of England with Sambo

In our house, Eirik almost always wakes up first.  I heard him talking to himself in the bathroom this morning.  To my surprise, I heard him say a bad word.  As I layed there thinking about if I should talk to him about it, I heard him talking again in the hallway.  As I listened, I realized he was praying.  It was the sweetest prayer.  "I love you so much Heavenly Father.  Thank you for everything, and thank you for your Son."  A minute later, he came in my room and told me that he had woken up feeling courageous and strong but then he had been tempted to say a bad word.  When he said it, he did not feel good anymore, so he decided to repent.  "Now I feel courageous and strong again!"  he said. 

I had a carved wooden stature from Aruba of a man in a loincloth.  We can him Sambo.  Joren like him and yesterday put on his own loincloth and told me, bye mom, I'm going on a trip with Sambo to the islands of England.  I told him that I would sure miss him, but have a great time and be careful and be sure to skype with me soon!  He waved and started walking away with this big statue as tall as him, and then I heard him sniffle.  Then he stopped and turned around, a big giant tear running down his cheek.  He looked at me and started sobbing.  "Mom, I will miss you too much!!"  I beckoned to him and he came and gave me a big hug.  I told him he could go on his trip tomorrow and today we could look at pictures of the islands I have visited together.  I got out my photo albums and we had a good "trip" around the world and down memory lane.

Tonight Teig would not go to sleep.  He cried and cried.  Finally Paul (he's the softy) got Teig out of bed and let him come downstairs to me.  Teig is talking now, but is new to saying a lot of things.  He has started to say "Oh Man" when he spills or doesn't get his way.  It is too cute for words.  He has been cracking us up and we have been listening hard to understand his new words.  So tonight when Teig came downstairs he said, "phone, call her."  I asked her who he wanted to call and he said, "ganma".  I always want to talk to my mom, so we called her and Teig told her "bed, cying, cying, I be bad."  I loved it.  He knew that crying and crying was a bad choice and he was being bad to be out of bed.  Oh, he is too cute. 
He has started singing "hello, hello" from Primary.  It's so cute.  (Did I already say that?)


No comments:

Post a Comment