Teig learned to talk... This week. It seems like with all of our children they have reached a certain age and overnight they just decide, "now I will talk." It has been great fun seeing him suddenly see how gratifying it can be to ask for, and get what he wants. It's also been a bit hysterical when he throws a tantrum when he can't get what he wants. It's not very nice of me to say it, but his tantrums are impressive. We try not to give them a lot of attention, but I'll tell you a story in a second about a good one.
School starts in two days. We have had a great time getting ready, buying backpacks, new lunch boxes, waterbottles and school supplies. New jeans and hightops, flannel shirts. I did not make it to many mom 2 mom sales this summer because of Paul's Sat. work schedules, so I have been "forced" to buy a few new items for school wardrobes this year. It has been a very sparse gathering, but fun for mom anyway. I decided it is time for mom to get her way and dress her boys how she wants to for an upcoming family photo. I told Paul my plans and he basically rolled his eyes. I said, "come on, I have three boys, let me dream. It's all I've got." Anyway, I have a plan and hopefully you will see some cute new family photos coming soon.
Back to school prep. Tonight Paul decided to let the boys use his old cell phone as an alarm clock and tonight the boys are giving it a trial run. As we plugged it in and Paul showed them how to use it, Teig got the green eyed monster jealous look and when we told him it had to stay plugged in or it would not work, he got really ...... really... upset. He threw himself on his back, his breath was held ready for a giant scream.. as we waited, we tried to explain to him again and to help calm him down but someone started to giggle and then we all could not help it, which made him even more upset to which he threw himself over on his face and pounded his fists. The scream had still not come and Paul said, "wait for it..." which made us all giggle even more. Poor guy, when he finally screamed, it was deafening. Don't worry, we gave him lots of love. He is darling. Oh, so absolutely darling. The boys dote on him. They hover and protect him so lovingly.
Yay! Thanks for sending the link for this blog! It's so fun to read and catch up on your life and your family. I miss you so much! Can't wait for you to live on this side of the US again!
ReplyDelete