My Joren.
I remember thinking I would never live through the stage when Eirik insisted on wearing snow pants and boots in 90 degree summer weather. It made me crazy, but even that did not prepare me for Joren insisting on wearing a short sleeve shirt and going barefoot all winter. It is making me crazy. I don't mind being hot, but being cold incapacitates me. Joren doesn't seem to mind. He goes outside with no protection and comes in red and frozen and crying and then does it again the next day. Ahhh! He is so frustrating and stubborn. He wears the same t-shirts every day and hates the clothes I pick. I guess I should have been prepared for that one too. I forget so fast. Writing this reminds me that it will probably pass and be replaced with some other stubborn habit. I should be glad for this one right? "yesterday he was so hot he said, "I just really need to get my shirt off recently right now!"
He is also bent on calling me the stupidest mom ever about 54 times a day. Unless, otherwise I am "the best mom in the whole entire history of the university of moms, even better than a blue whale, even better than a worm, even better than vis whole entired house!!!!" He sometimes snuggles up, (which usually end in me getting hurt somehow because the kid is not capable of touching someone without crashing into, grabbing, bouncing off of or smashing you) and says, "I wuv you mom. You're even better van a brown bat!" (um.. thanks, I think.) It's a love/ hate relationship. That swings both ways. That kind of works with a random comment he said the other day. Out of the blue he said, "Mom, our family has medium love." I'm not exactly sure what he meant, but maybe he meant that half of the time he feels loved and half of the time he can tell I am gritting my teeth and trying not to scream.
At the park Joren latched on to a certain stick he found. He told me it was special because it was a bull's tusk.
On the way home that day he asked me how long the future is.
I was doing a food order with a lady in my ward who has made a pretty hard life for herself. I had to laugh, (later, after I left) when she told me that her daughter has a good shoulder on her head. I pray for her. :)
I asked the boys how they get the priesthood. They both thought for a while and then Eirik said, "well, you have to save a princess."
just priceless
ReplyDelete