Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Organizing my life

I have a new system.  I started it about 4 months ago and it has reformed my "mom job" tremendously.  I have to thank Anona for her inspiration.
It's basically a job chart for myself.  I was getting so overwhelmed with housework and feeling like it is never done that I was burning out.
So I decided that if I could do one major job a day I could probably stay on top of it. Through trial and error I have found this works for me and I love it!

Sunday: Menu plan, FHE plan, preschool plan, get babysitters for times I need them
Monday: Grocery shop, teach FHE
Tuesday: Laundry and sweep the whole house
Wed: Finish up Laundry, take out trash, vacuum
Thurs: Bathrooms, mop
Fri: dust and clean windows
Sat: Garage, Sunroom, Toy room

Of course there are lots of everyday jobs and sweeping and vacuuming have to happen more than one time a week, and everything on my chart is always flexible, but it has really helped me to have a plan and a system.  And my house thanks me.

I have really liked having my chalkboard menu in the dining room.  It makes dinner prep so much easier since I remember early in the day what we are having, I can prepare throughout the day so dinner is much easier.  We have been eating better too. :)

I know I could make better use of my evenings after the kids go to bed.  If I write down the things I am going to do on the computer before I get to the computer I'm way less likely to sit down and waste 3 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment