Saturday, September 10, 2011
Toad's everywhere
He is so observant. He can spot them anywhere and he loves to catch
them. He found a toad the other day and we played with it for hours. I
asked him to set him loose in the pond. Of course he did not want to
and wanted to keep him in the terrarium. I let him keep him but after a
few days I told him the toad needed to be set loose so he could get
some food and live. A little while later Joren said, "mom, don't look
in that drawer." Guess what I found in that drawer! He had put his
toad in a ziplock bag and back in the ziplock bag box back in the drawer
for safe keeping! Ahh... Well, he assured me after that that the
toad had been let loose in the pond. Today the boys found a different
toad in the backyard. Joren ran in the house in great excitement and
told Eirik to wait outside. Then he dove under our ottoman in the
living room and extracted his, somehow still living toad from under a
cup he had placed upside down there. That means that for at least a
day and a half that toad lived in my living room under a cup and I did
not notice! Imagine my surprise if I had found him! They were
thrilled to have two toads to play with and compare. Joren even let
his toad loose in the pond and somehow recaptured it a bit later. I
was most impressed that Eirik actually held the toad today. He usually
instructs Joren when and where and what to do with all the living
creatures they find together; to which Joren always willingly obliges.
What a cute team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment