Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kindergarden Begins, First Day of Preschool and Quadraped Graduation

 It was a day of firsts.

Eirik
I took Eirik for his first day of Kindergarten.  I've been so excited for him because I think he will love it so much, but a few weeks ago I asked my friend Anona if she was excited for school to start and she said no.  She said, "they are such long days and I miss my kids.  I love having them home over the summer."  To that, I felt bad since I had been so eagerly awaiting this day.  I learned from her to savor, even more, the last few weeks I had with Eirik home every day with me.  Eirik was brave and confident going in and had a great time showing Mrs. Biro his journal he made over the summer, but when it was time for me to say goodbye, he got a little nervous.  It was kind of a hard break and he hugged me so hard he knocked me over on the ground.  Eventually he was ready for me to go.  I was anxious all day.  Would he like his teacher?  Would he like his classmates?  Would he like his lunch?  Would he cry?  I picked him up in the afternoon in the classroom.  Why was I the first to drop him off and the first to pick him up?  Am I overprotective?  I was too nervous to have him ride the bus the first day so I picked him up.  He was so excited and said, "Kindergarten rocks!"  At recess he was running laps with his class and one of the kids skinned his knee.  Eirik was in the lead and was about to win, but he thought about that kid who got hurt and Eirik said he left the race and put his arm on the kids back and told him it was going to be ok.  He walked with him and asked him if he wanted to play with him.  Eirik told me that he learned a lesson that it is better to help someone than to win.  He did not touch his fruits and vegies in his lunch, but I still could not be more proud of my all in black ninja warrior kindergartener.  Does he really have to go ALL day tomorrow too?  This is going to take some getting used to.



Eirik with friend Zach from Tae Kwon Do class
Joren
I took Joren to have his first meeting with Mrs. Tobias, his preschool teacher.  She is wonderful.  Eirik had her last year.  It was so fun to watch Joren act like a big boy.  He looked so grown up holding his pencil and writing little scribbles on the line for his name.  He told her, "I can't write J.O.R.E.N." And she told him whatever he wrote was great, so he made marks across the page.  At one point he said a sentence with the word "little" in it which he still says as yittle.  Mrs. Tobias and I looked at each other with the "that is too cute for words face" and we had a little moment enjoying his adorableness.  On the way home he said "I am going to high school.  I am going to graduate.  Don't I talk grown up mom?"
His ice making is getting out of hand. Now he is making it in plastic bags with twist ties.  There is ALWAYS water all over the floor in the kitchen and my dishes are everywhere.  I do believe this stage too will pass and I will remember his ice making days with fondness.


Teig

 Today Teig began to walk.  He has been taking steps and then falling into things until today, but today he decided he was ready and was cruising around the house.  Wow, he is not a crawler anymore.  Overnight, now he walks.  He was proud of himself and so excited.  His happy face is such a delight.  He is a great eater.  He was so happy to see his brothers again after being away for a few days.  He loves me and wants me in sight all the time.  I love him back!

 



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment