Friday, May 1, 2015

Juni at 25 months

Juni is growing up so fast. I decided to take down the crib yesterday since she does not like to sleep in it anymore and the thought made me really sad. I couldn't do it. It's still up.  The queen size guest bed is in the same room as Juni's crib and for the past 5 months or so, Juni has preferred sleeping in the big bed over the crib. I have still used the crib for times when I want her to stay in bed, but she rarely gets down off the big bed by herself anyway. I think she likes the big bed because I put her in the middle with large pillows stacked on either side of her and she looks like a princess all bundled up in a giant bed. She always pats the pillow next to her bed and says "Mommy pillow," indicating that she would like me to sleep by her. She is must have her purple blanket which she calls, "wenget" and she does the baby sign for blanket when she says it. Juni's comprehension has really taken off lately. She is very smart. She can point to many things in books and follow directions. She is quick to obey most of the time. She does not have the rebellious streak that most of my boys have had. Instead she is gentle and wants to please. She is always looking to help. She stays with me while I do the dishes and puts things in the dishwasher for me. She goes to get the small broom while I sweep. She tries to sort laundry with me. She likes to imitate when I garden and cook. She is very adamant about helping cook. She can climb up on the barstool by herself and then she gets on the island to look in the pot on the stove to see what is cooking.  If a knife is anywhere near her she will go for it and try to chop vegetables. Her speaking is coming along as well. Her first word was for sure "Shoes" followed by "mom" and "Dad."  She soon learned "baaoo" for bottle, "I-ik" for Eirik, "Noren" for Joren, "Teik" for Teig and "Noo-ee" for Juni. She loves hot dogs which she calls, "ha gog" and pizza, which she can say. For a while she lived on milk, grapes, cheese sticks and raisins alone. Now she likes ham and hot dogs and milk and that's about it. She is incredible at taking any food I give her and spreading it into the most messy possible form. She eats yogurt with her hand and spreads it in her hair. Tonight she chewed and systematically spit out an entire carrot all over the kitchen. I don't think she swallowed any of it. She insists on always dumping her drink in her food. She uses her shirt as her napkin at every meal. I honestly think the only think besides milk and deserts that disappear off her plate are pizza and hot dogs.
With three older brothers she has become very tough. She hardly cries at anything. She always gets in the rumble with the big boys without a worry. She is learning to hit back, unfortunately. She defends herself which sort of makes me proud. She won't be a pushover even though she seems to have my mild, non-confrontational personality.
Over spring break we took the family to a hotel swimming pool. Juni had such a good time. Juni has had her swimming suit with her every minute for 3 weeks since then. She calls it her "im oose" and she has to have her "goggle". At Easter she started carrying around an Easter basket and filling it with her favorite things. In it was always her swimsuit, her goggles, some panties, a plastic lipstick, and an old phone. She won't leave the table or go to bed or get in the car without her basket.
She loves to play on my phone. She has gotten wise lately and knows that if she can ever snag it when I'm not looking she will turn off the sound and hide somewhere and play until I find her. She loves the coloring and doodle apps on my phone. She also loves endless alphabet and Zoola animals. She's learned a lot of animal sounds from that one. She calls a phone an "oaf". In fact, most words she tries to say have the first consonant placed at the end of the word. Many of our conversations in the past month have been about her explaining what things belong to whom in the family. She very concerned that Teig's things are given to him. When she asked me to get the goggles down for her, she had to have Teig's goggles too and she took them to him. She started carrying his underwear and swimsuit around for him as well. (I think she thinks his underwear are his swimsuit.)
While walking around Target one day, Juni started pointing to everything with Anna and Elsa on it. I had never shown her the movie, but Paul had shown her clips on his phone. She was so excited. She started singing, "Let it Go."! I could not believe she remembered that song. This was probably when she was 18 months old! Disneys is pretty clever!  She loves the song and we've had some pretty special full belt duets together since then. I also got her a "Frozen" sippy cup which has been a pretty good help at getting her to drink a green drink in the morning sometimes. (maybe there's a little nutrition in her.) On a different Target trip, around Easter time, we passed a display of large eggs. The boys joked that they were Quetsocoatlus eggs and Juni got her mind set that she had to have one. She insisted on getting out of the cart. I did not know at this point what her fit was about, but I finally let her get down and chased her back 3 or 4 isles to the eggs. She was absolutly infatuated with a big blue egg. I had to buy it because she wouldn't let it out of her grip. She and Teig fought over it the entire way home. At home, the boys all thought it was really funny to tease her by taking it away from her. She lost it, until I came to the rescue and found her a nest for her egg. She loved and cared for her egg. I took a cute picture of her kissing her egg. I honestly think she thought the egg was going to hatch because a few days after she brought it home, she stopped needed it next to her in bed. She loves saying the word egg too. Easter was really fun for how excited she got about eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment