Thursday, July 9, 2015

Family Renuion 2015

Family Reunion highlights

Melody's top 10
1. Ben and Paul stage fighting dressed as superheros in the Rockaway Beach 4th of July parade.

2. Juni in her wonder woman costume

3. building sandcastles for hours and hours with all the cousins in perfect weather

4. decorating the float

5. making feathers for our beach house craft

6. Zach and Arinn's amazing tacos.

7. Fireworks and ukulele playing on the beach around the campfire

8. Letting off lanterns into the sky at night

9. At the fireworks on the beach, Joren took Juni's hand and helped her sit down next to him in the sand to watch. I was behind and got to watch him put his arm around her and tell her about the fireworks while he shared his blanket.  Later that night I took Teig and Juni up to the house before the end of the fireworks to go to bed. They carried their new flashlights and glowsticks with them. I bathed them to get off all the sand and we laughed and sang songs. I tucked them in bed next to each other and kissed them goodnight. I stood outside the door and listened for a minute to see if they would go right to sleep. Teig took his flashlight and shined it around the room. Then he said, "Juni, I know it looks scary, but see; just a normal lamp, see; nothing on the ceiling. We're safe and I'm here to protect you. You can sleep. Goodnight Juni."  I don't think I've ever been so in love with my little boys.

10. I almost totally botched our dinner night and then everyone came to the rescue and saved the day. Everyone was so nice and quick to help. No one was critical (except me.. of myself) but because of their kindness.. I was able to forgive myself for being inept and keep smiling. Dinner was fine.

Joren:

1. Throwing out candy at the parade!

2. Cricket eating contest

3. Surfing with Uncle Zach and Daddy and Jake and Abe, Oly, and Elsie


4. Telling about my dragons at the talent show

Teig:


Paul:

1. Seeing everyone in the parade
2. Campfires
3. Getting help at dinnertime when electricity wouldn't work at the second house
4. There's no drama
5. The weather was perfect
6. Surfing
7. Superhero day
8. 4th of July and fireworks on the beach


No comments:

Post a Comment